i will make these
The books that will move you, inspire you, make you cry, make you think, make you laugh. Are there any books that you would add?
I’ve been in a reading rut. Hopefully this helps
im pretty sure i reblogged this before but im reblogging again for nicolete. A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius is brilliant. you should look into these books!!! i’ve read a few and they are fantastic.
yeah I have read a whopping 2 of these. I’m out of shit to read, thank you!!
I think I’m going to start making CDs to express the way I feel towards people. Always watch movies about people giving mix tapes to loved ones and shit and I have a hard time talking to people about how I feel but there are certain songs that describe it so perfectly. An I will print all of the lyrics and make cute little notebooks and highlight the parts that really Stand out to me (since some songs only have certain parts that apply but are still so amazing) and decorate them.
That actually sounds so good.
When to begin.
• Accidentally close a tab? Ctrl+Shift+T reopens it.
• Bananas release dopamine, eat them when you’re sad.
• CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is the one handed version of CTRL+ALT+DEL
• Don’t brush your teeth hard, it makes them sensitive and removes enamel.
• Don’t like spiders? Put citronella oil on your walls and they will not go there.
• Drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have, you’ll get drunk without getting a hangover.
• Get clear ice cubes by boiling water before freezing it
• Heal paper cuts and immediately stop the pain with chapstick.
• If you accidentally write on your dry erase board with a permanent marker, scribble over it with a dry eraser marker to remove it.
• If your shoes smell, put them in the freezer overnight, it will kill the bacteria.
• Make bug bites stop itching with a banana peel.
• Make a paper longer with 12-point text, but 14-point periods and commas.
• Need to get around a blocked website at work? Try replacing the http:// with https://
• Never send your resume as a word file (unless asked) Instead, print it to a pdf file, it’s much cleaner and professional looking.
• Pick a flavor of gum you don’t normally chew, and chew it while studying during a test.
• Place a piece of bread in a container with your homemade cookies and they will stay soft.
• Put a dry towel into a dryer with wet clothes, they will dry faster.
• Put toothpaste on a pimple and it will dry out.
• Practise fake smiling in the mirror every day before going to work/school, you’ll genuinely start to feel happier.
• Rub canola/olive oil on knives before cutting onions, you won’t cry, alternatively chew gum and you won’t either.
• Short on time with a wrinkled dress shirt? Hang it up in the bathroom to steam it flat.
• The night before, place things you don’t want to forget the next morning on top of your shoes.
• Use hydrogen peroxide to remove blood stains from clothing.
• When cleaning windows use newspapers or coffee filters instead of paper towels, they will not leave streaks.
• When microwaving bread products/pizza put a glass of water in with it, it will keep your bread for going spongy.
• When you move into a new place you’re renting, take pictures of any and all damage, then post them on facebook (privately if preferred) so you can use the reference date as proof you didn’t do it.
• When searching plane tickets online delete your cookies prior, prices go up when you visit a site multiple times.
This is a summary of college only using two pictures; expensive as hell.
That’s my Sociology “book”. In fact what it is is a piece of paper with codes written on it to allow me to access an electronic version of a book. I was told by my professor that I could not buy any other paperback version, or use another code, so I was left with no option other than buying a piece of paper for over $200. Best part about all this is my professor wrote the books; there’s something hilariously sadistic about that. So I pretty much doled out $200 for a current edition of an online textbook that is no different than an older, paperback edition of the same book for $5; yeah, I checked. My mistake for listening to my professor.
This is why we download.
Spreading this shit like nutella because goddamn textbooks are so expensive.
not necessarily art related but as someone who couldn’t afford their textbooks this semester this is a godsend
it’s weird looking at pictures of people you’ve smashed… brings back weird feels for me.. not bad or good, just weird
even more strange is knowing you’ve slept with someone who is no longer alive.. even more weird feels
Okay, so I just found out that Archer has an unaired “original pilot” where they replaced Archer…with A FUCKING RAPTOR. The episode has the exact same plot as the first episode, but he’s a raptor. He doesn’t talk, he just makes raptor noises throughout the episode. It just might be singlehandedly best thing I’ve ever seen.
Edit: Since some of you reblogging this have mentioned finding it, you can see it here
i need to watch this
(favorite line from super troopers.. favorite move too)
either way, i can’t find a therapist covered under my insurance and i’m supposed to bring all the ones i do find to my doc on saturday so she recommend the best ones.. and i’m freaking out. the only one that pops up is in the hospital (idk are they all in hospitals? i didn’t think they were but who knows) and i am not covered for that shit! and honestly i really don’t want to see a therapist because i get all freaky deeky when i have to talk about myself/feelings/memories with anyone, especially strangers. It sucks because I can’t even fully communicate with my boyfriend until I have a breakdown and have to explain myself because usually i hold it in until, again i break because i’m so angry and sad and idek.
also, they aren’t allowed to share anything you tell them right?
i’m just i don’t know.. i really don’t want to go but my bestfriend said it’s probably for the best and i know she’s right… but what if i find out i’m crazier than i already am? i just want to cry and stay in my bed foreverz uvu
How to make your ramen 9001x better, courtesy of /ck/
QUICK EGG IN UR RAMEN TRICK MY FRIEND TAUGHT ME IN HIGH SCHOOL
pour just enough water into your pot to cover your noodles and other ingredients, then get a small cup/fancy measuring 1 cup cup or w/e and measure out another cuppa watta. dump that shit in too.
make ur ramen. just start boiling and dump whatever you’re supposed to put in in the beginning. u know how to make ramen this isn’t ramen for snot nosed sobbing beginners ok
KEY PART: you know how it says on the back of the package to cook for about 4-5 minutes?? we’re cooking for 5 minutes. wait for your ramen to cook for the first three minutes. stare hungrily if you must. but the EXACT MOMENT 3 minutes hit here’s what you do:
- SCREAM. and then stir your noodles to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pot. (scream is optional) also make sure your broth is still more or less covering your noodles, if its not add a bit more. it doesn’t matter if some is still sticking up we just don’t want chewy noodles (unless you’re into that) (i’m into that)
- make a lil hole in your noodles. this little hole must have broth in it and nothing more. make it in the middle or the side it honestly doesn’t matter you just need a clear shot to the bottom of the pot
- crack your egg and toss that mother into the hole.
- COVER EGG WITH NOODLES AS QUICK AS YOU CAN
- DON’T. STIR.
- I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU STIR FOR THE REMAINING MINUTE AND A HALF YOU probably won’t ruin anything you’ll just have egg drop soup i guess but IF YOU DON’T STIR
- Congratulations, you have poached an egg in your broth! Your poached egg now tastes like your ramen broth. Revel in your victory.
- no seriously that egg will be mildly chewy deliciousness oh my god if you can perfect this technique you will never have your egg in your ramen another way again
this is as close as you’ll get to ramen made in a restaurant…
I’m just glad this isn’t like that one post that was all “HOW TO EAT CHEAP WITH RAMEN STEP ONE ADD A SIRLOIN STEAK AND $20 WORTH OF INGREDIENTS”.
This is how you can tell I’m poor as fuck.
Most dried ramen is deep-fried which is why it’s so unhealthy. If you boil in plain water, strain, and then add to fresh hot water/broth, it’s a lot better for you in general.
Boil your noodles. Strain. Take a small frying pan and melt two tablespoons of butter (margarine works but butter is better) on low heat. Add the noodles and flavor powder and mix well.
Get a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies from wal-mart. It’s like a buck fifty. Fry those suckers up with some tonkatsu sauce or soy sauce. Boil your ramen, strain. Pile the noodles on a plate, top with your veggies and sauce. Sprinkle a tiny bit of the ramen flavoring on top. Bam, stir fry. The veggies make enough to serve three people (three packages of ramen).
Other things you can add to ramen to make it taste better:
A half a can of peas.
A half a can of tunafish to the shrimp kind.
CHIVES MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER.
Oddly enough, boiled potatoes to the beef kind.
Sliced boiled eggs.
Matchstick carrots (you can get them from most grocery stores for like a dollar a package; alternately make your own from a cheap-ass bag of whole carrots).
If you’re gluten-free, you can make a gluten-free version of ramen by making and preparing spaghetti squash and using the bullion recipe above (substitute anything with gluten in it for something without, obviously). The “noodles” are smaller but damn is it tasty. Spaghetti squash, incidentally, grows at the least provocation so if you get a spaghetti squash (which are generally kind of expensive), save the seeds and plant them anywhere. Water them once a day.
Spring-noodle soup, courtesy my husband’s Asian-American ex-girlfriend: Boil your ramen and strain. Heat up a can of soup broth, or simply prepare the ramen bullion. Dip the noodles into the broth forkful by forkful as you eat. You can add other stuff to the noodles, like veggies and meat, as you’re boiling it.
Saute some green onions and minced garlic in a pan in butter or margarine for a few minutes (you can substitute sesame oil for the butter or margarine as well, if you happen to have it around. The sesame oil gives it a really good flavor). Add a dash of seasoned salt. Boil and strain your ramen noodles. Add to the saute mix, fry for a hot second, and you have awesome garlic noodles.
Minute rice! You can add a small handful of minute rice to your ramen as it’s cooking for a more carb-heavy soup to get you through the day. If you couple this with veggies and meat it’s almost a round meal.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RAMEN, but if you make macaroni and cheese (Kraft dinner), add a can of tunafish and a half a can of peas to it to make a more filling, more rounded meal.
Seriously, if you are broke and need to vary your diet in any way, I am the person to talk to. I grew up on this shit. A lot of is really unhealthy, but at least you won’t die of boredom.
THANK YOU ! THE SHIN RAMYUN NOODLES ARE THE MOTHER FUCKING SHIT BEST RAMEN EVER ! I get them in china town for like.. idk 12 in a box for $10… but seriously they are fucking AMAZING ! and they sell them at some corner stores too.. I can’t recall finding them in in just a regular grocery store tho…
so i went to pick up my prescription on saturday but i didn’t have my insurance card (my mom lost it) and we only had hers on file, shit was originally $407 but with her ins, $140 that I didn’t have.
So I had to wait until today to pick up my prescription since I had to call my ins and get my member ID # and blah blah blah and they are closed on weekends and since my a/p lady messed up my check (AND SHE IS OUT FOR THE WHOLE EFFING WEEK SO NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT PAYDAY TO GET MY MONEY) I was prayinnnnnnng that it wasn’t still over $100 because then I’d be screwed… and I have a follow up appt with my doctor next week to see how the meds are working so I need to start taking this shit now. LUCKILY my insurance is bomb af and I only had to make a copay of $15. hallelujah !!! hahaha so since It was much less than expected I even donated some money :’3
Now lets just hope these work for meh :D